Thursday, June 22, 2017

Collaboration with Westfield Liverpool

Hi all,
Now that Eid is around the corner, I have been having a think of what I want to wear to celebrate this special occasion. Looking back at all my past outfits, I have come to realise that every Eid, the girly side of me comes out!

(By girly I mean a dress that I can twirl in; something that makes me feel like I’m a princess dancing in a ballroom… a girl can dream)

With that in mind, I decided to find the perfect maxi dress, that I can wear not only for a special occasion like Eid, but also wear on a casual basis. Thankfully Westfield Liverpool has me covered this Eid, with a wide range of stores, I’m bound to find that gorgeous piece that I need in my life!

Here are my Top 3 Tips to Eid Dressing:

1. Have an idea of what you want to wear.

For example “I want a nice maxi dress that’s not too figure hugging”. So now your mind is set on a maxi dress, I guarantee that all you’ll be seeing are maxi dresses! It’s also important to ask “can I wear this outfit again?
”.

2. Go into a store you have never been in.  

You’ll be quite surprised by what you find - when I was looking for what to wear, I walked into Universal Store and there was one dress I couldn’t take my eyes off! I went to a few stores but my heart was already set on that dress, so I had to get it.


3. You need to be comfortable - 

Is your outfit going to survive all day?

I’m not sure what everyone does on Eid but I know that I visit about 7 or 8 houses in one day after our Eid Prayer, so I always look for material that is comfy to wear (which means that after the 6th plate of food I still have space to move around)!





Instead of buckling it, try tying a knot. So if you see somewhere wearing the same thing, at least you know yours has better detailing (it's all about the details)



 You know its going to be cold in the early mornings on Eid, so experiment with different materials, i chose to wear a beanie that had some fine details, if i do say so myself!



Head to Toe
Mesh Beanie. H&M



Eid is nearly here and it's the best time for giving and spreading love all around. So in the spirit of Eid, Muslim Street Fashion and Westfield Liverpool would like to give away a $100 voucher to spend at Westfield Liverpool for one lucky reader*.

The competition is simple - all you have to do is comment below this blogpost with your favourite styling tip for Eid! So what are you waiting for?

*Sydney Only
Winner will be announced on the 3rd July 2017 @8pm est.

*UPDATE* Winner was announced via Instastories. Congrats to Suada V. Thank You to everyone who entered!

#westfieldambassador
#westfieldliverpool
#sp


xoxo MSF

Styling and photos taken by Delina.

28 comments:

  1. Wear something thats layerable and works with and without all the layers, as weather can be temperamental and taking off a jacket or putting one on will still look amazing xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Food friendly colours - as you will visit many houses and participate in its culinary adventure, wearing colours that can easily blend in with the spillage is best! 👍😊X

    ReplyDelete
  3. A pretty necklace does wonders to any outfit. When in doubt just add a necklace - either long or short - and your outfit is taken to a whole new level!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Something exciting! Something pretty! Something comfortable! And above all, something 2 year old friendly ��

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes those two years old are the best aren't they! Maybe I shall start a trend wearing bubble wrap hahha

      Delete
  5. I like your tips on layering the best!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Comfortable. I defiantly have to be comfortable I'm a mum too so eid has been about comfortable for me, but in saying that still be stylish and at the same time! I also choice to go with a print scarf this year which is rare for me and kinda anxious because I usually wear plain hijabs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes comfort is key!!
      You will look great in a printed scarf! All you have to do is be confident and it will look great! Confidence is key!

      Delete
  7. Hello again, my tip is not to leave Eid outfit shopping til the last minute, especially if you are fashion challenged. Otherwise you will end up with nothing to wear, like me ������

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha thats a great tip! maybe i should make a reminder on my blog on when to shop for your eid outfit!

      Delete
  8. I want to wear Thomas Eid clothes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thats nice to know, now give the phone back to your mum. hahaahaha

      Delete
  9. To complete my eid look i like to wear heels, it dresses up even casual outfits. It saves me from tripping over my long maxi dress or my abaya dragging on the floor.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes heels are life savers!! (for short people like me!)

      Delete
  10. My styling tip is to keep an extra outfit in the car so when you get to the 4th house you don't have the food stains from house 1,2 and 3! Fadhila

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wear something that represents you & take love with you wherever you go

    ReplyDelete
  12. My tip is always choose comfort. If your going to be in an outfit the entire day it needs to be comfy from head to toe. For me comfy means flowy, easy to walk in, not being reatricted especailly around the waist. Those eid sweets are hard to resist. Most importantly comfy shoes either stylish flat or boots or straps with a chunky heal. Who can walk around in a thin heal all day especially with kids. Not me thats for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great styling tips!! Another styling tip I found useful was to wear something that could easily transfer from day wear to night wear, and can be easily dressed up or down (with accessories for example). This will help you make the most out of your outfit and save you from having to change.

    ReplyDelete
  14. My tip is to wear adjustable sleeves so that it is easy to roll up when it's time to make ablution ��

    But really, for mums like me who needs to be comfortable (which is not always stylish), wear a statement jacket on top so that you can still look stylish but can easily be removed when needed

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a perfect tip for mums and anyone really!

      Delete

Please no SPAM!!