Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Wardah Fashion Journey

Salams All,

On Sunday the 19th of March, I got invited to attend a very special event in Melbourne hosted by Wardah and Amara. What a fun event it was! We all got to meet two famous Indonesian designers, Dian Pelangi and Barli Asmara, alongside our very own Stephanie Kurlow, 'The first hijabi ballerina'.

The event took place at a restaurant called 'The Botanical' in the 'Archer Room', what a STUNNING room it was! The day started with us all greeting each other, some new and some we already knew, even some from Sydney! Then we all sat around this gorgeous table that was covered in flowers, while canapés were being served (YUM!). Then Dian and Barli talked about styling and how to dress modest we also got a hijab tutorial by Dian, she showed us how to do a turban style, also reminding us to wear a ninja (hair and neck cover) under. We also got a hijab tutorial by the Haya Atelier, Reyyan showed us how to do the cross over look and how to contour (using our hijab LOL love it)

After that, lunch was served (thinking about what I got is making me hungry! LOL).We either got gnocchi, sauce vierge, shaved fennel & green olives OR roast hapuka, olive crumb, cauliflower, caper beurre blanc (which I got YUMMMM!). We also got triple cooked chips and cos lettuce & mustard dressing to share! (someone feed me!).

When everyone finished eating and the table was cleared, we got to our next part of the event and it was to learn how to make a fascinator using fresh flowers. Our teacher was Puteri, who is a floral designer for Fleurations, and Ella, who was her helper for the day! This part was very fun, stressful (LOL), but mostly fun! We learnt how to use the parafilm (green tape) properly (...pull and twist, pull and twist) and also how to use the wire on different flowers (can't remember for the life of me what they were called...hook?? Puterrriiii help LOL). Some of the girls were just naturally good at making them (coughs *Subhi and Reyyan*). As for me, I knew what I wanted but my brain would not let it happen. Maybe because I'm not a girly girl? So while everyone made fascinators, I turned mine into a corsage (even Barli agreed that it shouldn't be on my head LOL).

After that, we all took photos and mingled while dessert and hot beverages were served! (dammn that dessert was good! I'm crying! You will see what I mean soon in the pic below.)
All in all it was a gorgeous day and I can't wait till the Sydney one (iA).
I also had the pleasure of interviewing some of the designers and will be posting it soon in a new part of my blog called "1 min (maybe 3) with..." so be on the lookout for them!

Would you be interested to have something like this here in Sydney? Comment or DM me to let me know and I shall make it happen!

Thanks for your time guys now here are some pictures for ya! Oh wait! before you go, i forgot to announce IT'S COMPETITION TIME!!!! Scroll down to see how to enter!













Competition Instructions:
One lucky reader will win (thanks to Wardah & Dian Pelangi) a Wardah Exclusive Matte Lip Cream, EyeXpert Optimum Hi-Blackliner and a Scarf from Dian Pelangi's new collection! All you have to do is follow (@delmsf) like my recent instagram picture (competition picture) and comment below on my instagram or my blog with the words "i need that!" (winners will be randomly selected!) competition ends 26th Sunday March at 8pm est. Goodluck!

look out for this picture on my instagram



not all photos were taken by me.
XOXO
MSF










6 comments:

Please no SPAM!!